The Business Planning and Proposal Manager will be responsible for developing the proposal – ensuring the security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal, coordinate schedules, coordinate activities with cross-functional business areas and lead the submission of the final proposal. He/she will also support the Regional Business Development Manager, APRO, in partnership, strategy and business planning for the Asia-Pacific region.
Partnership, strategy and business planning
- Contributes to regional and global business planning activities, including participation in key meetings, training programs and regional proposal development efforts.
- Contributes to partnership decisions and negotiations with Regional Business Development Manager, APRO
- Maintains relationships with sponsors, government agencies, universities, multinational corporations and other non-governmental organizations.
- Builds capacity and mentorship of peers and country teams on capture/proposal development
- Represents FHI 360 at external engagements – meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Collaborates with the technical lead to provide a compliant and competitive proposal to the client on time. Oversees the entire proposal process, ensuring that each member of the proposal team, including subcontractors and prime contractors, knows what is expected of them and when tasks are due .
- Creates the proposal schedule and tracks the progress of the proposal (technical and commercial).
- Ensures milestones are met and proposals receive appropriate reviews.
- Assists the technical leader to ensure compliance with the solicitation.
- Communicates changes or new information to the entire team.
- Help develop and communicate proposal strategy.
- Prepares proposal liability and compliance plan.
- Undertakes routine writing and editing tasks. This may include statements about company capabilities, past performance reports, biographical summaries/resumes, briefing notes and other assigned writings
- Assists the technical lead in securing resources, such as authors and reviewers.
- Provides updates on assigned proposals for accurate system tracking.
- Archive final proposal documentation and ensure submission strategy implementation and compliance.
- Can identify, track and disseminate opportunities to key internal stakeholders.
- Supports bid planning, intelligence gathering, field research, data collection, competitive analysis, and partnership strategy.
- Makes the bid/no bid decision easier.
- Helps develop winning themes, strategies and design approaches
- Performs other assigned work.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of proposal fundamentals, terminology and methodology
- development. Thorough knowledge of proposal management conventions.
- Effective organizational skills and track record of effectively managing project proposal teams
- different levels of seniority and experience.
- Effective communication skills required to provide diplomatic and constructive feedback to clients.
- Ability to observe details.
- Ability to foster good client relationships to build clientele.
- Ability to understand and follow written guidelines, including departmental policies, FHI 360
- policies and procedures, and work orders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, supervisors and other staff.
- Efficient multitasking and flexibility to meet competing needs and sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to summarize, condense or write general information to be included in the proposal
- Ability to manage short term and long term proposals of varying complexity.
- Ability to analyze tasks and determine appropriate level of effort.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize own work and adapt to changes in
- priorities, workload and workflow.
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers and may take partial responsibility in
- assign and direct work.
- Good understanding of program areas within APRO and other business units.
- Ability to step in to fill gaps during the proposal development process if no other resource can be identified in time
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in business administration, public health, social sciences or related field. Preferred Masters
- 5-10 years in program design, project management or other related work; at least 3-5 years in proposal development is preferred
How to register
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV by clicking on: Head of Planning and Business Proposals (myworkdayjobs.com)