** This position can be filled in Toronto or Sault Ste. Married**
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We Said GAME ON, and We Really Mean It – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (OLG.ca), retail lottery and casino channels earthly. In our 2019-20 fiscal year alone, OLG reported net income of over $ 2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now broadening its horizons, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a digital platform admired globally.
We are seeking a Director of Corporate Business Development to join our dynamic team to support and implement the development of OLG’s corporate business development growth strategies and priorities.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Business Development, the Director of Corporate Business Development is responsible for supporting and implementing the development of corporate business development growth strategies and priorities. aligned with OLG’s corporate goals and strategic plans. You will also be responsible for carrying out the technical strategic investment and due diligence, structuring, evaluation and execution of these strategies, priorities and plans with the aim of generating new growth opportunities for OLG, ensure access to new technologies for OLG and position Ontario to become a center of excellence in gaming and entertainment innovation for the financial and economic benefit of OLG and the province. You will do this by:
- Support the development and implementation of a corporate development strategic growth plan that aligns with OLG’s larger corporate strategic plan, with an emphasis on inorganic growth through partnerships and alliances with third parties.
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive process to identify and assess potential investment and partnership opportunities, including a rigorous idea generation and selection process to bring quality ideas to the OLG’s management team and stakeholders, including the development of business cases for the approval of such Opportunities.
- Support and / or lead the evaluation of potential collaboration with Ontario Accelerator and Incubator programs or retention of services that could enhance OLG’s innovation growth strategies.
- As assigned by the Vice President, Business Development, lead or support the development of business cases and proposals in collaboration with financial partners and respective business leaders; ensure that a comprehensive cost / benefit / ROI analysis supports every business case for growth.
- Work with OLG’s risk management and audit team to identify key risks and mitigating measures.
- Work with OLG Finance to understand the financial planning activities surrounding the department’s activities and key accounting treatments for investments, partnerships and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with corporate strategy and business sectors to explore business development opportunities in a progressive and systematic manner, drawing on internal expertise and competitive intelligence.
- Partnering with business leaders throughout the development process to ensure that transactions make strategic sense, match forward-looking business plans, can be integrated smoothly and fully optimized.
- Identify, assess and evaluate plans for working with Ontario educational institutions to convey strategic business development plans and develop and communicate business cases to senior management, CEO, Board of Directors and to government, as needed, to forge alliances and partnerships with these institutions, showing expected results. benefits for OLG and the province.
- Perform the technical assessment and execution of potential investments and partnerships that underpin OLG’s strategic business development plan.
- Develop, construct and communicate business cases for collaborating with and / or sustaining Ontario incubator and accelerator program services.
- Research and establish key alliances and networks to keep OLG abreast of developing trends in the gaming and entertainment industry around the world to identify growth opportunities for OLG and report periodically to the Vice President , Business development, conclusions and observations.
- Develop goals, objectives and KPIs to measure the success of departmental activities and identify key risk factors and mitigation measures.
- Create presentation materials and dashboards to communicate activities or service and recommendations to the management team, CEO, board of directors and government as needed to prove accomplishments, goals, goals, results, forward plans, KPIs, and business cases that require top-level approval.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Over 8 years of experience in corporate strategy, private equity, investment strategy, corporate investment, and acquisition and partnership transactions within a medium to large organization, including a manager of assets / funds. Ability to structure and manage complex inter-company projects with multiple stakeholders. Significant experience in the development and execution of corporate investment transactions and / or mergers and acquisitions. Demonstrated ability to identify, evaluate and structure investments and acquisitions and to establish business cases to obtain approval to execute such investments and acquisitions. Preference will be given to experience in the entertainment industry.
Education: University degree, preferably in business administration or commerce (asset) and MBA (asset)
You are someone with: Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor and willing to take calculated risks to promote the goals and ideals of the company. Excellent presentation skills including strong oral and written skills, ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior management and external business partners.
Collaboration and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and enthusiasm in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that gives all its profits back to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible working environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote working
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your authentic self: environment that values ââdiversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public service pension plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success
Learn About OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences to its customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charity gaming. OLG is at the heart of a massive transformation to be customer-obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be founded on genuine, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote working.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values ââof respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the opportunity to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by January 16, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodations at any time throughout the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.