Council model cutoff will change if NMC bill is enforced

0

There is a 70% chance of implementing the NMC bill in all colleges and 30% is still risky due to unclear conditions

The National Medical Commission (NMC) has asked all medical schools to submit admission details for 2021-2022 students by August 5, 2022. The NMC has also asked colleges and universities to admit MBBS course as per the regulations of NMC and Medical Council of India. The NMC Bill was passed on August 1, 2019 in Rajya Sabha and later by Lok Sabha.

The bill was introduced to bring sweeping reforms to the country’s healthcare sector. The bill aimed to reduce corruption in medical education and provide solutions to the problems that arise between the proper functioning of medical schools. It also aimed to rebuild the national medical regulatory body by clearly defining competences and responsibilities.

The bill was supposed to be implemented in 2021, but that didn’t happen due to the pandemic. The bill is to be implemented in 2022 under all conditions. On February 3, 2022, a notification was sent on behalf of the government to all medical faculties or institutions that the NMC will be applicable to all medical institutions. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has tweeted that the NMC will be fully implemented for all medical institutions from 2022. The government has sent notices to all state universities, state concerned colleges and reputable universities regarding the implementation of the NMC bill. The whole process is ongoing. There is a 70% chance of implementing the NMC bill in all colleges and 30% is still risky due to unclear conditions.

Recently, all the medical colleges in Tamil Nadu filed a lawsuit against the implementation of the NMC in the Madras High Court. They filed a motion for non-execution of NMC in 2022. The Madras High Court has set the next hearing for August 16 regarding the plea.

Share.

Comments are closed.