Reports to: Senior Director, APJ Commercial Operations
Group / Division: Clinical Trials Division (CTD), Pharmaceutical Services Group (PSG)
Position of the position: Banghwa (Gangseo-gu), Seoul, Korea
[Business Development and Account Management]
- Develop a solid understanding of assigned clients and their markets through a wide range of information sources including direct client interactions, networking, publications, market information, trade shows, sales conferences and industry events.
- Actively solicits new existing and potential clients to gain commitment to our services.
- Lead all new business development activities within assigned accounts, through proposals and negotiations, resulting in new contractual agreements and “program” accounts
- Develop and manage effective account and territory development plans; Track progress against key account development milestones through a few KPIs (eg, creating opportunities and issuing proposals); report on progress during regular account review sessions.
- Prepares calling plans to effectively manage time spent with customers for maximum sales impact while minimizing sales acquisition costs.
- Ensures that all major conflicts with customers regarding customer service level and billing issues are resolved.
- Prepares client meeting reports also known as Sales Call Report (SCR) in a timely manner after meeting.
- Ensure effective interdivisional and global coordination of account plans, where applicable, including alignment with the global business development team.
- Develops and maintains a sales operations plan for the territory that includes a map of opportunities, target accounts, forecasts, sales strategies and tactics, resource requirements and a strategic plan.
- Perform a competitive analysis of the top three to five competitors in market segments to identify areas of differentiation or areas of improvement opportunities in the form of existing service improvements, new services, or new marketing materials. Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to effectively address them.
- Develops the required sales role profile and skills for each role to maximize performance in the region.
- Ensures that the sales operations plan is consistent with overall business objectives.
- Provide input to the annual operating plan and participate in planning and review meetings.
- Performs gain / loss reviews to identify and share best practices.
[Managing & Forecasting Sales Pipeline]
- Evaluates global sales opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure the sales force is pursuing appropriate opportunities and working effectively.
- Provide realistic sales forecasts to management and communicate any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Ensures the sales pipeline is filled with opportunities at different stages of the sales cycle.
- Ensures that management receives realistic sales forecasts and is kept informed of any significant changes or developments.
- Regularly reviews forecast, pipeline and sales strategies with the reporting manager and ensures that opportunities and leads are pursued in a timely manner.
- Actively manages opportunities using SFDC.
[Management of Proposals]
- Accurately capture the client’s project requirements, determine the pricing strategy for applicable services, meeting target margins using a value-based pricing methodology, which includes cost, customer value, competitive analysis and market analysis
- Lead all proposal development activities, either in response to a client call for tenders or proactively, including the value proposition, terms and prices; lead the pro forma review process to justify the business proposal
- Clearly and broadly state the components of negotiated contracts and ensure solid implementation and execution against client and business expectations; work with the assigned project manager to ensure a smooth transfer and continued development of the account
- Ensures out-of-the-ordinary price proposals receive appropriate approvals.
- Coordinates efforts with those affected to deal with non-standard terms and conditions.
- Perform a win / loss analysis to identify key issues related to service products or the sales process and make recommendations on opportunities for improvement (new service ideas) or improvement (sales training, sales tools ).
Terms & Conditions
- 5+ years of sales / comic experience in clinical trials or logistics industry
- Holds a strong customer-centric mindset
- Able to communicate effectively and build cohesive relationships both externally and internally
- Able to manage SFDC accurately and always in a timely manner
- Results oriented