KAWARTHA LAKES – The next cohort of Starter Company PLUS will focus solely on energizing current marketing efforts for small businesses.
This is an opportunity for existing businesses that have been operating for 3 to 7 years and need to strengthen their marketing strategies. The program will include training, mentorship, and a grant of $ 2,500.00 to spend on professional marketing services to help your business stand out from the competition.
Grant money of $ 2,500.00 will be awarded for; website creation and improvement, e-commerce, rebranding, marketing / signage material, social media strategies, online and offline promotions and advertising.
The program consists of 2 mandatory days of training over 3 weeks that will cover all aspects of marketing, marketing planning, 2 round tables moderated by experts in their fields and 6 months of monthly meetings and mentoring.
Eligibility criteria –18 years or older
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Kawartha Lakes (proof required)
- Not currently enrolled in full-time studies or employed full-time
- Three to seven year operation
- Work an average of 35 hours per week to run your business.
- Prepared to complete the Mandatory Business Training Program
- Ready to attend 6 mandatory mentor meetings
- Not participating in other government funded entrepreneurship training programs and / or not having received funding from KLSBEC or another SBEC (Small Business Enterprise Center) (i.e. Starter Company Plus, Second Start, Summer Company) or Digital Main Street grant recipients in the past 2 years.
- Can demonstrate past marketing efforts and include examples
- A sole proprietorship or a company of which the applicant will be the majority shareholder
- An independent company
- Scalable and innovative company
- Partnership of which the applicant holds the Majority; in case of 50/50 split, only one partner can apply.
- Meets the Canada Revenue Agency definition of being self-employed in FORM RC 4110
- Operates at arm’s length from family businesses in Ontario
- A business that operates full time as defined in the business plan and maintains its own books and records
- Maintains a separate corporate bank account, in accordance with government rules and regulations for operating a business
- Franchises, commission sales and distributions
- Business ventures that extend existing business efforts
- Non-profit enterprise, social enterprise, cooperatives or charitable enterprises
- Multi-level marketing companies
- Unique event such as music business groups, DJs or dance / party event organizations
- Companies that pay strictly per click and companies with 1-900 number or subscription models.
$ 2,500.00 of training and grant to be used for professional marketing services.
Acceptance of applications from September 10 to October 4, 2021. The fall cohort will start in October 2021 (date to be confirmed depending on the volume of applications)
For more information : https://www.kawarthalakes.ca/